ing solvent P-D-680.
(2) Inspect the inlet pipe for evidence of clogging.
(3) Inspect the inlet pipe for deep dents and
( 4 ) Inspect mounting hardware for damaged
(5) Inspect screen for breaks or holes which would
permit the entry of foreign material in the inlet pipe
(6) Replace all defective parts.
e. Reassembly. Reassemble the oil pump screen and
inlet pipe in reverse of numerical sequence as shown in
(1) Install inlet pipe and screen in reverse of re-
moval (b above.)
(2) Install oil pan (para 3-26).
(3) Refer to lubrication order and service engine
(4) Start engine and check for leaks.
3-28. Belt Tightener
a. General The belt tightener is mounted at the
front of the engine adjacent to the fan pulley. The belt
tightener adjusts the tension of the drive belts.
b. Removal. Remove the belt tightener (TM