(a) Place a block of wood under the cylinder
(5) Refer to figure 3-68 and remove cylinder head
head to support the exhaust valves.
(b) Thread the spring compressing tool into one
of the rocker arm bolt holes as illustrated in figure
(1) Cam follower. Rest the cylinder head on its
side and remove the cam followers as illustrated in
3-70. Compress the spring and remove the two piece
valve lock (33, fig. 3-63).
(2) Rocker arms. Remove the rocker arms and
(c) Remove spring caps (34) and springs (35),
Turn the cylinder head over, using care to keep the
push rods (para 3-23).
valves from falling out of the head. Number the valves
(3) Fuel injectors. Remove the fuel injectors (para
(4) Injector control tube. Remove the fuel injector
control lever and tube (para 3-17).
(5) Exhaust values.