(1) Remove engine hood and rocker arm cover
(1) Refer to figure 3-18 and install blower drive
(2) Refer to figure 3-26 and remove the fuel injec-
(2) Install blower assembly (para 3-14).
tor control lever and tube assembly.
c. Disassembly. Refer to figure 3-27 and disassem-
3-16. Rocker Arm Cover
ble the fuel injector control lever and tube assembly.
a. Removal. Refer to figure 3-25 and remove the
d. Cleaning and Inspection.
rocker arm cover.
(1) Clean fuel injector control levers and tube,
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
using a cleaning solvent such as P-D-680 or equal.
(1) Clean rocker arm cover and gasket surfaces
(2) Inspect the levers for cracks. Inspect the tube
with cleaning solvent P-D-680 and dry thoroughly.
assembly for dents and breaks.
(2) Inspect for cracks and dents. Replace a defec-
(3) Inspect all hardware for damage. Replace a de-
c. Installation. Affix a new gasket. Refer to figure
e. Reassembly. Refer to figure 3-27 and reassemble
3-25 and install rocker arm cover.
the fuel injector control lever and tube assembly.
f. Installation and Adjustment.
3-17. Fuel Injector Control Lever
(1) Refer to figure 3-26 and install fuel injector
a. General. Each fuel injector assembly is actuated
control lever and tube assembly.
by a lever on the fuel injector control tube, which in
(2) Refer to paragraph 3-12 and adjust fuel injec-
turn is connected to the governor by a fuel rod. The
tor control levers.
levers are independently adjustable.
(3) Install engine hood and rocker arm cover (para