· Before removal of complete boom assembly, remove the countweight. Failure to remove the
counterweight will result in the machine being rear end heavy and rear tipping may occur.
· Hydraulic oil in the system can be under pressures over 3000 psi (20685 kPa) with the engine OFF.
ALWAYS relieve pressure in hydraulic lines before attempting to remove any component in the
hydraulic system. With engine OFF, move control levers through all operating positions several
times to relieve line pressure. Relieve pressure in hydraulic oil tank by loosening filler cap very
slowly. Failure to follow these precautions could result in serious personal injury.
· Boom assembly including boom extend cylinder weighs approximately 4100 lb (1859.72 kg).
Attach suitable lifting device prior to removal to prevent possible injury to personnel.
· Shims may fall out as pivot pins are removed.
· Note quantity and position of shims for use during installation.
(19) Remove boom pivot pin (24) from boom assembly (6) and vehicle frame.
(20) Remove shims (27) from between boom assembly (6) and vehicle frame.
(21) Repeat Steps (18) through (20) for remaining boom pivot pin.
Ensure that lines and electrical cable on underside of outer boom section are not damaged when boom
assembly is lowered onto supports.
Carefully remove boom assembly (6) from vehicle frame and lower boom assembly onto supports. Remove
hoist, slings, nut and bolt from boom assembly.