(10) Check that all drain plugs are securely tight-
2-3. SERVICING NEW EQUIPMENT
b. Service Check.
a. Removal of Protective Compounds. Remove
(1) Remove shipping klik pin and shipping lock
preservative compounds from metal surfaces with
pin from holes in front and rear chassis and stow in stor-
cleaning solvent P-D-680. Check and ensure that all
age area as shown below.
fill opening are clear.
b. Cleaning. Clean all dust and dirt from seat,
instrument panel, wiring, engine, and radiator
c. Lubrication. Lubricate vehicle in accordance
with LO 10-3930-638-12.
2-4. INITIAL CHECKOUT AND
(1) Inspect equipment for damage incurred dur-
ing shipment. If equipment has been dqamaged, report
(2) Perform before operation PMCS (refer to the
the damage on DD Form 6, Packaging Improvement Re-
separate Operator's Manual, TM 10-3930-638-10).
port (refer to DA PAM 700-3 for instructions on prepara-
tion of DD Form 6).
2-5. MOVEMENT TO NEW SITE
(2) Check equipment against packing slip to see if
a. Driving. The vehicle may he moved under its
shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies in accor-
own power without any special preparation or may be
dance with instructions of TM 38-750.
transported on a suitable truck and flat bed trailer. If
transported on on a flat bed trailer:
(3) Check to see whether equipment has been
Be sure ramp is securely fastened to flat bed
trailer to prevent personnel injury and
If NBC exposure is suspected, all air filter
damage to equipment.
media should be handled by personnel wear-
ing protective equipment. Consult your unit
(1) Place ramps between flat bed trailer and
NBC Officer or NBC NCO for appropriate
handling or disposal procedures.
Ramps shall not provide a grade of more than 40
(4) Check air cleaner for damage.
(5) Cheek gages and instruments on instrument
(2) Drive vehicle up ramps and position on flat
panel for broken glass or other damage.
bed trailer. Turn engine off and apply parking brake.
(6) Check control levers for bent or broken condi-
(3) Install blocking at front, rear, and sides of
(4) Install tiedowns at front and rear axles (refer
(7)) Check engine accessories f'or loose connec-
to plate 20, paragraph 11 2).
tions and insecure mounting.
b. Towing. Vehicle is towed rearward using tow
(8) Check wiring for loose connections, damaged
bar and chains located on rear. special procedures shall
insulation. and broken wires.
be performed prior to towing operation. Refer to
preparation for movement, Operator's Manual, TM
(9) Check fittings, lines, and hoses for cracks,
10-3930-638-10, for these procedures.
loose connections, and broken or missing parts.
2-2 Change 5