16-13. INTERMEDIATE BOOM REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
· Keep wear pads and shims together in
· Mark wear pads with their location on outer
· Perform steps 4 and 5 for each of two wear
Remove three screws (1), lockwashers (2),
and washers (3) from underneath outer
boom(4). Discard lockwashers.
From inside outer boom (4), remove wear
pad (5), three inserts (6), spacer (7), and
Just forward of front of outer boom, loosely
attach lifting strap around intermediate
boom. Attach lifting strap to overhead lifting
device or overhead crane.
Using forklift attached to front of
intermediate boom (9), carefully pull
intermediate boom from outer boom until
approximately 1 ft (305mm) remains inside.
Using overhead lifting device, take up slack
in lifting strap to fully support rear of
intermediate boom (9).
Remove intermediate boom (9) from outer
(10) Using overhead lifting device and other
forklift at the same time, evenly lower intermediate boom and temporarily place on jackstands or suitable
(11) Remove other forklift, overhead lifting device and lifting straps from intermediate boom.
(12) Using other forklift, lift and move intermediate boom clear of work area and again place on jackstands or
Remove boom extend chain sheave (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Remove boom hose pulley (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Remove wear pads (Para 16-16).