8-11. CIRCUIT BREAKERS REPLACEMENT
This Task Covers:
Tools and Special Tools
Compound, Sealing (Item 28, Appendix C)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
(Item 18, Appendix F)
Negative battery cable disconnected (Para 8-44)
· All ten circuit breakers are removed
the same way.
· Circuit breakers protect the entire
electrical system except for power
circuit to emergency steer pump.
· Circuit breakers will trip if there is a
shorted or grounded wire.
· Circuit breakers will automatically
reset after cooling. They cannot be
· Under normal operating conditions,
circuit breakers should never require
replacement. However, if a circuit
breaker does not reset after it has
cooled, the circuit breaker is defective
and must be replaced.
Remove four screws (1) and access cover (2)
from front console (3).