(c) After adjusting, check degree of tilt.
(1) Jack or lift front end of truck. Block in
Continue adjusting piston rod until 100 of backward tilt is
obtained. Tighten clamp screw (fig. 4-39) on yoke.
(2) Remove drip pan from beneath truck to
(d) Forward tilt is automatically adjusted to
gain access to components.
proper angle when backward tilt is correct.
Disconnect hose assembly from
(e) Install floor and toe plates and drip pan.
regulator. Plug hose and regulator to prevent entrance
(2) Normal tilt of the mast on model
of foreign material.
ACE40AEE180 trucks is forward and 30 minutes
(4) Remove flow regulator body and flow
backward. Check and set tilt as described in (1) above
regulator from cylinder. Remove elbow from regulator
to these limits.
body. Plug port in cylinder.
c. Installation. Refer to figure 4-41 and install flow
4-55. Flow Regulator
regulator as follows:
a. General. The flow regulator is connected to the
(1) Remove plug from cylinder and install
inlet on the cluster cylinder. Flow of fluid back to the
flow regulator body in cylinder.
valve is regulated to allow a controlled lowering of the
(2) Install flow regulator and elbow in flow
mast and carriage.
b. Removal Refer to figure 4-41 and remove the
(3) Remove plug from hose assembly and
flow regulator as follows:
connect hose assembly to regulator body.
(4) Install drip pan beneath truck.
(5) Remove blocks and lower truck to
46-6. Lift Chains
a. General. Extension of the two outer cylinders
of the cylinder cluster raise the chain bearing and cross
head. As the bearing raises the chains, which are
anchored on the rear to the cylinder cluster, chains raise
the carriage. Chains raise the carriage to the furthest
extent of the cylinders.
(1) Lower the mast and carriage to the
(2) Attach a chain hoist to the carriage and
raise slightly to relieve tension on the chains.
(3) Refer to figure 4-42 and remove cotter
pins and chain links securing chains to carriage.
Figure 4-41. Flow regulator, installed view.