c. Removal. Refer to figure 2-25 and remove voltage
regulator as follows:
(1) Disconnect and tag electrical leads.
(2) Remove the screws and washers securing the
regulator to its mounting plate and remove the
d. Installation. Reverse procedure in c above.
2-33. Stating Motor
a. Removal. Refer to figure 2-26 and remove the
starter motor as follows :
(1) Remove the operator's seat and the side panel.
Figure 2-26. Starter motor. installed view.
(2) Disconnect and tag all electrical leads from the
(3) Remove the bolts securing the starter motor
Because of the offset torque and groove drive, the distributor
to the flywheel housing.
can be removed, overhauled and replaced without retiming
the engine. When removing the distributor, do not loosen or
(4) Withdraw the starter motor from the flywheel
remove the advance arm. Remove distributor and advance
housing until the drive end clears the flywheel housing.
arm as an assembly.
Then tilt the commutator end-up and remove the
a. Removal. Refer to figure 2-27 and remove the
distributor as follows :
(1) Disconnect spark plug cables from the spark
plugs, ignition coil cable from the coil, and the primary
(1) Reverse procedure in a above.
lead from the distributor primary terminal.
(2) If the drive mechanism is fully extended,
(2) Remove the screw and washers from the ad-
mesh pinion gear with flywheel ring gear.
vance arm and lift the distributor from the drive