(3) Disconnect stop and taillight connector.
(4) Remove nut and washer holding light
to truck and remove light and guard.
b. Repair. Remove lens attaching screws and
lens, and install new bulb. Replace lens attach-
ing screws and lens.
c. Installation. Reverse procedures shown in a
a. Headlight Lamp Replacement.
(1) Remove bezel from headlight.
(2) Withdraw sealed beam unit from head-
light sheel and disconnect two wires from lamp.
b. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
c. Stop and Taillight Lamp Replacement. See
3-43. Taillight Resistor (fig. 3-13)
(1) Remove control panel cover (para 3-
(2) Disconnect wires numbered (13A-5),
Figure 3-11. Headlight.
(19) and (35) from resistor, located at top right.
Remove two mounting screws and remove resis-
3-41. Stop and Taillight
b. Test. Test resistor with ohmmeter across
(1) Remove two screws, and washers (fig.
terminals for 40 ohms resistance, plus or minus
3-12) attaching guard to truck. Lift guard.
(2) Remove control panel cover (para 3-
c. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
Figure 3-12. Stop and taillight.