the full load speed is to be 2600 rpm, then
(6) Check the gap between the low speed
the no-load speed
settings should be 2800 rpm to ensure
spring cap (6, fig. 3-14) and the high speed spring
governor will move
the injector racks into the full-fuel position
plunger (12) with a 0.0015 inch feeler gage. If gap
at the desired full
setting is incorrect, reset the gap adjusting screw
(3) Hold the spring retainer (13) and tighten
(32, fig. 3-13).
the retainer lock nut (5).
(7) Hold the gap adjusting screw and tighten
i. Adjust Buffer Screw.
the lock nut (33).
(1) With engine running at normal operating
(8) Recheck the gap and readjust if necessary.
temperature, turn the buffer screw (43, fig. 3-13) in
h. Adjust Maximum No-Load Engine Speed.
so it contacts the differential lever (26) as lightly as
(1) Loosen the retainer lock nut (5, fig. 3-14)
possible and still eliminates the engine roll.
and back off the high speed spring retainer (13)
several turns. Start the engine and increase speed
slowly. If speed exceeds required no-load speed
Do not increase engine idle speed more than 15 rpm
before the speed control lever reaches end of its
with buffer screw.
travel, back off the spring retainer a few additional
(2) Recheck the maximum no-load speed. If it
has increased more than 25 rpm, back off buffer
(2) With engine at operating temperature and
no-load on engine, place speed control lever in
screw until the increase is less than 25 rpm.
maximum speed position. Turn the high speed
(3) Hold the buffer screw (43) and tighten the
lock nut (42).
spring retainer (13) in until engine is operating at
recommended no-load speed. The maximum no
load speed varies with the full load operating speed.