Dowel, ring, front end plate
11 Plate, marker
Gasket, front end plate
Plate, front end
14 Seal, plain, incased, cover
Cover, timing gear
19 Washer, flat
Figure 5. Timing gear over. exploded view.
(2) Use an outside micrometer to measure
If sleeve bushings were removed for
the diameter of each camshaft
replacement, press bearings into
journal. If journal wear exceeds 0.002
position with a suitable bearing press.
inch, install new camshaft.
(2) Oil the camshaft journals and sleeve
(3) Use an inside micrometer or telescope
bearings and ease camshaft into
gage, and measure camshaft sleeve
position in cylinder block. The rear
bearings (8, 9, 10, and 11, fig. 7). If
end of the camshaft must be
clearance is not to specifications
supported and guided to prevent
listed in paragraph 7, install new
sleeve bearings at all journals. Be
(3) Untie the valve lifters and return them
certain that oil passages are alined
back into position.
(4) Reverse procedures (1) through (6) in a
(4) Inspect thrust plate and cams for wear;
inspect journals and cams for scoring.