DEMOLITION OF TRUCK
(2) Smash the items listed below by using
a heavy hammer to drive a pointed
The truck will be destroyed only if there is
steel bar into the parts.
danger of capture and use by the aggressor,
and only after the order is given by the unit
(b) drive axle and differential
commander. Destroy the same parts on all
(c) gear housing
similar equipment to prevent salvage by the
(d) steering gear housing
(f) oil and fuel tanks
(3) Destroy the items listed below by cut-
Warning: Observe adequate safety precau-
ting them or ripping them out.
a. Destruction by Hand.
(1) Smash the items listed below with a
b. Destruction by Misuse.
sledge, a hammer, or an ax.
(1) Drain the crankcase and radiator, dis-
connect the radiator fan, and run the
engine at full throttle.
(2) Place sand, gravel, nuts, bolts, screws,
or broken glass in the fuel tank.
(3) Pack cloths saturated with gasoline
around the engine and inside the
truck, and set the cloths afire.
(4) Remove the carburetor, the generator,
and the distributor and bury them in
the ground or throw them into a body