17-3. ARCTIC HEATER KIT INSTALLATION (CONT)
(14) Install tee (32) to fuel/hydraulic tank (18) with
branch of tee facing upward.
(15) Connect vehicle fuel hose (30) to upper
branch of tee (32).
(16) Install elbow (33), reducer (34), and reducer
nut (35) on tee (32) with elbow facing
(17) Connect arctic kit fuel suction hose (36) on
(18) Route fuel suction hose (36) along side of
fuel/hydraulic tank (18) and up to heater
(19) Connect, but do not tighten, other end of fuel
suction hose (36) to bottom of fuel pump (26).
Spilled fuel is slippery and flammable. Clean
up and properly dispose of spilled fuel.
Failure to follow this warning may cause
injury or death.
(20) Fill vehicle fuel tank (18) with fuel (TM 10-
3930-673-20-2) and allow some leakage of
fuel at bottom of fuel pump (26) to purge fuel
pump and bleed air from fuel suction hose
(36). Tighten fuel suction hose.