16-14. OUTER BOOM REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(12) Place jackstand or support on front of
vehicle deck. Adjust support so that outer
boom (1) will be level when lowered.
(13) Carefully lower outer boom (1) with hoist
and sling until front of boom is on jackstand
Install a bolt and nut to top-front of outer
boom. Install one hook to bolt and other
two hooks to top-rear of outer boom.
(14) Position hoist and slings to outer boom (1) at
three places. Carefully raise outer boom until
weight of boom is removed from boom pivot
(15) Remove screw (17) and locknut (18) from
boom pivot pin (19). Discard lockout.
· Shims, if equipped, may fall out as pivot pins are removed.
· Note quantity and position of shims for use during installation
(16) Remove boom pivot pin (19) from outer boom (1) and vehicle frame.
(17) Remove shims (20) from between outer boom (1) and vehicle frame.
(18) Repeat Steps (15) through (17) for remaining boom pivot pin (19).
Ensure that hydraulic tubes on underside of outer boom section are not damaged when boom assembly
is lowered onto supports.