16-12. INNER BOOM REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Pull ropes to install extend chain, electrical cable, and three hydraulic hoses as inner
boom is pushed inward.
(12) Push inner boom further into intermediate boom to previously made alignment mark.
(13) Remove ropes attached to extend chain (85), electrical cable, and hydraulic hoses.
(14) Remove lifting straps or chains supporting inner boom and move other forklift and
overhead crane away from work area.
(15) Using ropes previously placed
between outer and
intermediate boom sections,
pull extend chain (85) back
down and between outer boom
and intermediate boom.
(16) Install clevis (43) of extend
chain (85) to outer boom (40)
with washer (42) and new
(17) Install clevis (46) of retract
chain (89) underneath front of
outer boom (40) with washer
(45) and new locknut (44).