Inner boom weldment and boom extend cylinder weighs approximately 1500 lbs (680.39
kg). Attach suitable lifting device prior to removal to prevent possible injury to
As inner boom is removed, personnel at rear of outer boom will feed hydraulic hoses,
extend chain and electrical cable through intermediate boom.
(69) Using forklift attached to front of intermediate boom, carefully pull inner boom out
from intermediate boom until approximately 1 ft (305 mm) remains inside.
(70) Using overhead crane, take up slack in lifting strap or chain to fully support rear of
(71) Remove inner boom from intermediate boom just far enough to pull hydraulic hoses,
electrical cable and extend chain out from intermediate boom.
(72) Using overhead crane and other forklift at the same time, evenly lower inner boom and
temporarily place on jackstands or suitable supports.
(73) Remove other forklift, overhead crane and lifting straps or chains from inner boom.
Lifting straps or chains securing intermediate boom to outer boom may also be
(74) Using other forklift, lift and move inner boom clear of work area and again place on
jackstands or suitable supports.
Remove attachment cylinder from front of inner boom (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Keep wear pads and shims together in sets. Mark wear pads with their location on inner
Remove remaining wear pads and mounting hardware from inner boom (Para 16-16).
Remove boom extend cylinder from inner boom (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Remove boom hydraulic hoses from inner boom (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Remove attachment control valve from inner boom (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Remove boom electrical cable from inner boom (TM 10-3930-673-20).
Remove boom electrical junction box assembly from inner boom (TM 10-3930-673-20).