16-12. INNER BOOM REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Pulling inner boom outward will give access to wear pads on bottom of intermediate
(64) Using other forklift, take up slack in lifting straps or chains, lift inner boom slightly and
pull inner boom outward approximately 2 ft (610 mm).
· Keep wear pads and shims
together in sets.
· Mark wear pads with their
location on intermediate
· Perform steps 65 and 66 for
each of two wear pads.
(65) Remove three screws (47),
lockwashers (48), and
washers (49) from
boom (39). Discard
(66) From inside intermediate
boom (39), remove wear pad
(50), three inserts (86),
spacer (87), and shims (88).
(67) Forward of front of intermediate
boom (39), loosely attach lifting
strap or chain around inner
boom (9). Attach lifting strap or
chain to overhead lifting device
or overhead crane.
(68) At front of intermediate boom
(39), pull on retract chain (89)
and place chain so that gravity
will keep tension on chain and
permit smooth removal as inner
boom (9) is removed.