Keep wear pads and shims together in sets. Mark wear pads with their location on either
intermediate or outer boom.
(36) Remove top and side wear pads of intermediate and outer boom (Para 16-16).
(37) Start engine (TM 10-3930-673-10) and fully retract boom.
(38) Stop engine (TM 10-3930-673-10).
(39) Using chalk or suitable marker,
mark location of intermediate boom
(39) as to its position with outer
boom (40) for ease in installation.
(40) At underside of outer boom (40)
remove adjusting locknut (41) and
washer (42) from extend chain clevis