4-3. FUEL INJECTOR TEST/REPLACEMENT (CONT)
See Cleaning Instructions (Para 2-12).
· Drycleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes;
and do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using
solvent; the flashpoint for type I drycleaning solvent is 100°F (37.8°C), type II is 138°F
(59°C), and type III is 200°F (93.3°C). Failure to do so may result in injury or death to
· If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent
contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
Rinse nozzle with drycleaning solvent (Para 2-12).
See Inspection Instructions (Para 2-14).
Inspect needle tip for roughness or erosion. Note that rough machined appearance is
normal for pressure shoulder (Para 2-14).
Opening pressure test.
Fuel is very flammable and can explode easily. To avoid serious injury or death:
· Keep fuel away from open flame or any spark (ignition source).
· Keep at least a B-C fire extinguisher within easy reach when working with fuel or on
a fuel system.
· Do not work on fuel system when engine is hot; fuel can be ignited by a hot engine.
· Keep clear of test spray from nozzle. Fluid at test pressures can penetrate skin,
causing infection and possible death.