4-3. INTAKE AND EXHAUST VALVE ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
Locate top dead center for number 6
Observe matchmarks on crankshaft pulley
(9) and oil pan (10).
Rotate engine counterclockwise at
universal joint of transmission input shaft
(1) until crankshaft pulley (9) rotates 360
degrees. Number 6 cylinder is now at top
Adjust clearances of three intake valves (11)
and three exhaust valves (12) shown.
· Clearance is correct when a slight pull is felt
as feeler gage is slipped between valve stem
and rocker lever.
· Intake valve clearance - 0.010 in. (0.254
· Exhaust valve clearance - 0.020 in. (0.508
Loosen adjustment locknut (5). Adjust
screw (6) as required until clearance
between valve stem (7) and rocker lever
(8) is properly adjusted.
Tighten adjustment locknut (5) to 25 lb-ft
(34 N·m). Then recheck valve clearance.
· Install rocker lever covers (Para 4-4).
· Install transmission cover (Para 16-5).
END OF TASK