Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 (Type II) is a flammable solvent that is potentially dangerous to personnel. Keep away from heat,
sparks, or open flame. Flash point of solvent is 138 degrees F (59 degrees C). Use only in a well-ventilated area. Inhaling vapors
over a period of time can cause headache and drowsiness. Use gloves to prevent irritation or inflammation of the skin. Solvent
absorbed through the skin can result in internal disorders. If contact occurs, wash the affected area with water for 15 minutes. For
eyes, flush with water and then seek immediate medical attention.
Improper cleaning methods and use of unauthorized cleaning solvents may injure personnel and damage equipment. Refer to
TM9-247 for correct information.
Eye shields must be worn when cleaning with a wire brush. Flying rust and metal particles may cause injury to personnel.
Particles blown by compressed air are hazardous. Make certain the air stream is directed away from user and other personnel in
the area. To prevent injury, user must wear protective goggles or face shield when using compressed air.
Washing oil seals, electrical cables and flexible hoses with dry cleaning solvents or mineral spirits will cause serious damage or
(1) Shut down engine and let it cool to
(2) Relieve pressure on cooling system.
(3) Remove thermostat. Inspect and test
thermostat to determine if it is
functioning (Para 7-3).
(a) If thermostat is functioning,
reinstall thermostat and go to
Step 2 of this fault.
(b) If thermostat is faulty, replace
thermostat (Para 7-3).