(1) Check for contaminated fuel by
operating engine with known clean fuel
from temporary supply tank.
(a) Disconnect fuel line at fuel/water
separator, where line leads to fuel
(b) Place disconnected end of fuel line
LINE TO FUEL
in temp tank of known clean fuel.
(c) Start engine and run it for
approximately 5 minutes to
determine if engine performance
improves with known clean fuel.
(2) If fuel in fuel tank proves clean, go to
Step 5 of this fault.
(3) If fuel in fuel tank is contaminated, shut
down engine (TM 10-3930-673-10),
drain and flush tank, and replace fuel
with clean fuel
FUEL FLOW THROUGH FILTER
(1) Loosen hose fitting at top of secondary
filter element (Para 5-15).
(2) Crank engine for thirty seconds.
(a) If fuel flows freely from fitting,
transfer pump and fuel filter OK.
(b) If fuel does not flow freely, replace
transfer pump (Para 5-3) and/or
filter elements (Para 5-15).
LINES O FUEL/WATER