(1) Disconnect negative battery cable from
negative side of battery (Para 8-42).
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Remove four screws from joystick
(4) Lift cover plate and joystick out to reach
both places where wire 50 connects at
(5) Disconnect connector P3 from
connector J3. Connect multimeter
positive lead (+) to joystick terminal
board where wire 50 connects (one at a
(6) Connect multimeter negative lead () to
(a) If continuity is present, go to Step 3
of this fault.
(b) If continuity is not present, repair
wire 50 and/or connector P3