Remove rings bracelets watches, necklaces, and any other jewelry before working around vehicle. Jewelry can catch on
equipment and cause injury or short across electrical circuit and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Battery acid is harmful to skin and eyes. Always wear eye protection when working with batteries.
(1) Remove battery cover (Para 8-42).
(2) Disconnect negative battery cable
(3) Remove four screws from left-hand
(4) Lift left-hand instrument panel out to
get to washer switch.
(5) Set multimeter to volts dc.
(6) Connect multimeter positive lead (+) to
wire 30 where wire 30 connects to
(7) Connect multimeter negative lead () to
known good ground.
(8) Connect negative battery cable to
negative side of battery (Para 8-44).
(9) Turn engine start switch to ON position,
BUT DO NOT START ENGINE
(a) If 24 vdc is present, go to Step 2 of
(b) If 24 vdc is not present, repair
wire 30 (Para 8-48).
(10) Turn engine start switch to OFF
position (TM 10-3930-673-10).
(11) Disconnect negative battery cable