Remove rings bracelets watches, necklaces, and any other jewelry before working around vehicle. Jewelry can catch on
equipment and cause injury or short across electrical circuit and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Battery acid is harmful to skin and eyes. Always wear eye protection when working with batteries.
(1) Remove lens/bulb from parking brake
(2) Set multimeter to volts dc.
(3) Connect multimeter negative lead () to
known good ground.
(4) Connect multimeter positive lead (+) to
center conductor of parking brake
indicator light socket.
(5) Turn engine start switch to ON position,
BUT DO NOT START ENGINE
(a) If 12 vdc is present, go to Step 2 of
(b) If 12 vdc is not present, go to
Step 7 of this fault.
(6) Turn engine start switch to OFF
position (TM 10-3930-673-10).