Table 2-2. Lubricating Instructions (Continued)
Brake Pedal &
Shaft Bearing, Slip
Joint & U-Joint
Boom Extend &
Boom Retract Chain
Boom Pivot & Boom
Hoist Cylinder Pins
Frame Tilt Cylinder
7. During adverse weather, dusty or sand conditions,
1. LUBRICATION. During adverse weather or
change transmission oil and filter element at 250
abnormal dusty conditions, lubrication may require
hour intervals. For normal off-highway operation,
for operation under rapid change in ambient
temperature, or for operation in presence of
2. The lubricating points for the brake pedal and
chemical fumes, change at 375 hour intervals. Use
transmission disconnect pedal counter shaft are
MIL-L-2104 hydraulic transmission fluid when
located under the cab (GAA).
operating the vehicle in temperatures above 10°F
(23°C), and MIL-L-46167 transmission fluid when
3. Lubricate all hinges and door latches with a hand
operating in temperatures below 10°F (23°C).
8. To lube the steering knuckle joint, the vehicle may
4. Check the differential oil levels while vehicle is on a
have to be moved forward or backwards to align
level surface. Oil should be to the bottom of the
grease fitting with access hole. If the fitting is
check and fill hole (GO or GAA).
aligned with the access hole but grease gun will
not go on fitting, turn the wheels right or left until
5. Lubricate after fording operations (GAA).
grease gun fits on grease fitting (GAA).
6. WARNING Do not stand under the attachment
9. Raise the boom to approximately 15° to lubricate
and carriage assembly during lubrication
the boom hoist cylinder pins (GAA).
services. To lube the carriage lube points and tilt
cylinder lower points, raise the fork assembly 48 in.
10. Drain hydraulic reservoir every 2000 hours.
(122 cm) and tilt the carriage assembly forward
Change hydraulic oil filter and add oil (OE/HDO) to
90°. To lube the tilt cylinder's head pivot pin, place
reservoir until oil is visible in sight gage. Operate
the level forks/ carriage firmly on the ground
hydraulic system and check oil level again.