15. Install seals (22, 23) onto clutch piston (21). Inner
seal (23) must be sized before installing piston.
Hold a round object against new seal and rotate
piston until seat is flush with groove.
Use care when installing piston (21)
to prevent damage to seals.
16. Install clutch piston (21) and wear plate (20) onto
Disc washers are installed as a set.
Do not intermix with sets from other
clutches. Replace disc washers as a
17. Install first disc washer (19) with large diameter of
bevel toward wear plate (20). Alternate remaining
four disc washers. Install retainer (18).
18. Compress disc washers (19) and install snap ring
(17) using pliers.
19. Install six inner discs (15), six outer discs (16), and
clutch end plate (14) onto shaft (6).
20. Install snap ring (13) into ring groove.
21. Stand clutch assembly on end. Discs will fall to end
plate (14). Measure distance between piston (21)
and outer disc (16) by inserting a feeler gage through
slots in clutch drum. Distance shall be 0.048 to
0.102 in. (1.22 to 2.74 mm).
22. If clearance is greater than specified, add one outer
disc (16) under end plate (38).
23. Install inner thrust washer (12), bearing (11), and
outer thrust washer (10) onto shaft (6).