2-130. GAS-FILLED SPRING REPLACEMENT
This task covers: Removal, Cleaning, Inspection, and Installation
Tools and Test Equipment:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (1, App. E
Towbar lowered (para. 2-126)
1. Release hood assembly (2) by lifting handle (1).
Open hood assembly.
Enlist the help of an assistant to hold hood and stabilize
during removal of gas springs.
2. Release gas springs (3) from hood (2) by removing
3. Release gas springs (3) from hood (2) by removing
Clean gas springs in accordance with paragraph 1-24.
1. Inspect gas springs and related components in
accordance with paragraph 1-24.
2. Ensure gas springs hold position. Faulty springs can
result in hood collapse. Replace spring if defective.