2-26. FUEL SHUTOFF BALL VALVE REPLACEMENT
This task covers: Removal, Cleaning, Inspection, and Installation
Tools and Test Equipment:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (1, App. E)
Fuel Tank Servicing (para. 2-34),
Drain Pan (10, App. E)
drain fuel tank
Materials / Parts:
Diesel Fuel (11, 12, 13, App. C)
Teflon Tape (35, App. E)
Fuel is very flammable and can easily
explode. To avoid serious injury or
precautions: - Keep away from open
flame or any spark (ignition source).
- Keep at least a B-C fire extinguisher
within easy reach when working with
fuel or on the fuel system.
- Do not work on fuel system when
engine is hot.
- Post signs that read "NO SMOKING
WITHIN 50 FEET" when working with
open fuel, fuel lines, or fuel tank.
1. Place handle of fuel shutoff valve in closed position
(handle parallel to side of tank).
2. Disconnect fuel hose assembly (1) from elbow (2)
and allow fuel to drain into pan. Remove elbow and
cap hose end.
3. Remove shutoff ball valve (3) from pipe nipple (4).
Remove nipple from tank only if replacement is