Fuel is very flammable and can easily explode. To
avoid serious injury or death, observe the following
precautions: - Keep away from open flame or any
spark (ignition source).
- Keep at least a B-C fire extinguisher within easy
reach when working with fuel or on the fuel system.
- Do not work on fuel system when engine is hot.
- Post signs that read "NO SMOKING WITHIN 50
FEET" when working with open fuel, fuel lines, or
1. Release hood assembly (2) by lifting handle (1).
Open hood assembly.
Place drain pan beneath lines when
disconnecting. Drain lines into pan.
2. Tag and disconnect fuel lines (3, 4) from fuel lift
transfer pump (5).
3. Remove transfer pump (5) from engine block by
removing screws (6). Remove and discard gasket
4. Scrape gasket remnants from pump and sealing
surface to ensure proper seal.
Remove adapter (8) from transfer pump (5).
Clean transfer pump in accordance with paragraph 1-24.
Inspect components in accordance with paragraph 1-24.