(3) Check keyway slots for wear or damage.
h. Bushings and Bushing Type Bearings.
(1) Check all bushings and bushing type bearings for secure fit, evidence of overheating, wear, burrs, nicks and
out-of-round condition. Replace as necessary.
(2) Check for dirt in lubrication holes or grooves. Holes and grooves must be clean and free from damage.
i. Oil Seals. Oil seals are mandatory replacement items.
j. Core Hole Expansion Plugs. Inspect for leakage. Replace plugs when leakage is present.
k. Machine Tooled Parts. Inspect for cracks, breaks, elongated holes, wear and chips. Replace any damaged parts.
1. Machined Surfaces. Inspect for cracks, evidence of wear, galled or pitted surface, burrs, nicks, and scratches.
m. Mated Surfaces. Inspect for remains of old gasket, seal, secure fit, pitting and evidence of leakage.
n. Rusted Surfaces. Inspect for pitting, holes and severe damage.
o. Oil Bathed Internal Parts. Inspect for cracks, nicks, burrs, evidence of overheating and wear.
p. Air Actuated Internal Parts. Inspect for cracks, nicks, burrs, evidence of overheating and wear.
q. Externally Exposed Parts. Inspect for breaks, cracks, rust damage and wear.
r. Springs. Inspect for broken, collapsed and twisted coils.
a. General. Any repair procedure peculiar to a specific part or component is covered in the section or paragraph
relating to that item. After repair, clean all parts thoroughly to prevent dirt, metal chips or other foreign material
from entering any working parts.
Repaired items must be thoroughly cleaned to remove metal chips and abrasives to
prevent them from entering working parts of the 6KVRRTFL.
(1) All cracked castings will be replaced.