-Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability,
return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of item not
authorized below depot level.
Condemnation and disposal not authorized
below specialized repair activity (SRA).
-Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures
because of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal content, high
dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material).
to appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGE (Column (3)).
The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (CAGE) is a 5-
digit numeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor or
Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
PART NUMBER (Column (4)).
Indicates the primary number used by the
manufacturer (individual, company, firm, corporation or Government activity),
engineering drawings, specifications standards and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the
(1) The Federal item name and, when acquired, a minimum description to
identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the
parenthetical entry (insert applicable physical security classification abbreviation
e.g., Phy Sec Cl (C) - Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) -Secret, Phy Sec Cl (T) -Top
(3) Items that are not included in kits and sets are listed below the name of
the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately
following the assembled item line entry
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line .
entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated.
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the
effective serial numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special