DO NOT downshift at high speeds. Vehicle will slow suddenly and drop
the load or cause operator injury.
The gears should be engaged only after reaching the top speed of the
next lower gear. If necessary, the vehicle should be slowed by means of
the service brakes.
Shifting to the next higher gear maybe accomplished at any engine RPM while the vehicle is in
When downshifting, DO NOT over-rev the engine. Allow the vehicle to slow before shifting to
the next lower gear.
e. Accelerating Hydraulic Functions. To accelerate the operation of the hydraulic functions, use
the following procedure.
(1) Depress and hold the transmission disconnect pedal.
(2) Depress the accelerator pedal to increase and maintain higher engine speed.
(3) Perform the desired hydraulic functions.
(4) Reduce engine speed to idle after operations are completed.
(5) Shift the travel select control lever as necessary.
(6) Slowly release the transmission disconnect pedal.