2-29. OPERATE IN EXTREME COLD (Cont).
(3) Move ignition switch (1) to START position.
DO NOT apply more than three starting fluid applications per 20
second start attempt. If forklift truck does not start, wait two
minutes before trying again. If forklift truck does not start after
three tries, notify Unit Maintenance.
(4) Depress starting aid switch (2) three seconds to fill starting fluid valve. Release switch to discharge starting
(5) Release ignition switch (1).
(6) When engine starts, run at half speed for approximately five minutes before operating any hydraulic functions
or attempting to move forklift truck.
c. Warm Up Hydraulic Oil.
DO NOT actuate attachment control lever or turn steering wheel
until engine has been run at half speed for five minutes. Failure to
follow this caution may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Slowly cycle lift, tilt, and spacing functions of forklift truck a number of times until actuating speeds appear to
(2) Slowly turn steering wheel in either direction until steer limit Is reached.
(3) Hold steering wheel in position for a short time.