Section II. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS
AND SERVICES (PMCS)
Table 2-1 has been provided so that you can keep your equipment in good operating condition and ready for its
2-4. WARNINGs AND CAUTIONs.
Always observe the WARNINGs and CAUTIONs appearing in your PMCS table. WARNINGs and CAUTIONs
appear before applicable procedures. You must observe these WARNINGs and CAUTIONs to prevent serious injury to
yourself and others or to prevent your equipment from being damaged.
2-5.EXPLANATION OF TABLE ENTRIES.
a. Item Number Column. Numbers in this column are for reference. When completing DA Form 2404 (Equipment
lnspection and Maintenance Worksheet), include the item number for the check/service indicating a fault. Item numbers
also appear in the order that you must perform checks and services for the Interval listed.
b. Interval Column. This column tells you when you must perform the procedure In the procedure column.
(1) Before procedures must be done before you operate or use the equipment for its Intended mission.
(2) During procedures must be done during the time you are operating or using the equipment for its intended
(3) After procedures must be done immediately after you have operated or used the equipment.
(4) Weekly procedures must be done once each week.
(5) Monthly procedures must be done once each month.
c. Location, Check/Service Column. This column provides the location and the item to be checked or serviced.
The item location is underlined.
d. Procedure Column. This column gives the procedure you must perform to check or service the item listed in the
Check/Service column to know If the equipment is ready or available for its intended mission or for operation. You must
perform the procedure at the time stated in the Interval column.