Section II. EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
1-8. EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES.
a. The forklift truck is a commercial adverse terrain vehicle designed for loading and unloading or stacking and
unstacking of suitably packaged materiel.
b. The forklift truck has a lifting capacity of 10, 000 pounds for raising, lowering, and transporting loads.
c. Features of the forklift truck:
(1) Turbocharged six-cylinder diesel engine.
(2) Power shift transmission with four forward and three reverse speeds.
(3) Full-time four-wheel drive.
(4) Articulating frame steering.
(5) Removable cab assembly to facilitate air transport.
(6) Conveyorized fork attachment.
(7) On-board crane to facilitate the removal and installation of the cab, counterweight, and conveyorized fork
(8) A 24-volt electrical system capable of operating under standard and blackout modes.
(9) A NATO slave cable receptacle for slave starting the engine.
(10) Air compressor to facilitate inflation of the forklift truck tires under emergency conditions.
(11) Winterization package to protect the vehicle systems down to -65°F (-54 oC).