3-11. CHECK AND CLEAN ENGINE PRIMARY AIR FILTER AND UNLOADER VALVE (Cont).
(2) Loosen wlngnut (6) and remove primary air
filter (5) from air cleaner housing (4). Check
air filter for damage or dirt.
(3) Clean primary air filter (5) as shown.
(4) Tap primary air filter
(5) with palm of hand to remove dust.
Compressed air used for cleaning or drying purposes, or for
clearing restrictions, should never exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Wear
protective clothing (goggles/shield, gloves, etc.) and use caution to
avoid Injury to personnel.
(b) Direct compressed air up and down pleats of air filter element, from
inside to outside, to remove dirt from primary air filter (5).
(4) Install primary air filter (5) in air cleaner housing (4) and tighten wingnut (6).
(5) Position air cleaner cover (2) in place and
secure with wingnut (1).
b. Clean Unloader Valve.
Squeeze unloader valve (3) to remove dust from air