Explanation of Columns (Sections II and Ill) (Cont).
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC). Not Applicable.
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the Basis of Issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the Basis of Issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a
given figure in both Section II and Section Ill.
f. QTY [Column (6)]. The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A V appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity
may vary from application to application.
Emanation of Columns (Section IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
c o n s i s t s o f
d i g i t s o f
N S N ( i . e . ,
5305-01-674-1467 ). When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. Howev-
er, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section Ill.
(3) ITEM column. The item number Identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each
group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers O through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit
alphanumeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Section II and Section Ill.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.