B. INCHING PEDAL
(10" free length) so that it measures 11" to
11.25" in the retracted position.
The inching pedal, operated by the left foot, allows slow,
creeping maneuvers with full engine speed available for
4. Adjust the inching pedal stop until the inching
The more the inching pedal is
valve spool bottoms and the bumper spring is
depressed, the slower will be the truck movement. Full
compressed .062" to .0125".
depression of the inching pedal will result in a full stop
5. Install 0 - 300 psi pressure gauge in reverse
clutch pressure port.
If the truck does not come to a full stop when the inching
pedal is down, or if the truck does not move smoothly
6. Raise the front end of the truck and block into
forward with the pedal released, the inching pedal
position with the front wheels off the floor.
assembly must be adjusted.
7. Engage park ing (hand) brake.
8. Depress the brake pedal until brake shoes
Check inching pedal adjustment after
contact drum. This will occur when resistance is
every 500 hours of operation.
felt. Use a wedge between the brake stop and
pedal to hold it at this position.
1. Remove floor and toe plates.
9. Start engine. With engine at low idle (500 600
rpm) place transmission control lever in R
2. Check brake pedal adjustment and assure it is
(reverse). Depress inching pedal until pressure
fully retracted against stop.
gauge reads 6 10 psi. Adjust setscrew to make
contact with brake pedal lug at this point.
3. Adjust inching pedal return spring (Figure 2-2)
10. Disengage parking brake.
Figure 2-2. Inching Pedal Assembly