e. Test. Refer to paragraph 6-5e and test the hy-
(2) Tag and disconnect four hydraulic lines.
draulic oscillating cylinder in a similar manner.
(3,) Remove three mounting screws and nuts and
f. lnstallation. Refer to figure 6-11 and install the
remove oscillating cylinder check valve.
hydraulic oscillating cylinder.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the oscillating cylinder check valve thor-
6-8. Oscillating Cylinder Check Valve
oughly, using solvent P-D-680 or equal.
(2) Inspect the valve for leakage, cracks and dam-
a. General. The purpose of the oscillating cylinder
check valve is to hold the machine stable during any
(3) Replace a damaged or leaking check valve. A
type of operation. Should the check valve malfunction,
slight leak will cause the valve to malfunction.
the machine will lean to the side when operating on a
slope. The oscillating cylinder check valve is located on
(1) Reinstall the check valve using three mounting
the front of the forklift between the two automatic
screws and nuts.
(2) Connect the four hydraulic lines.
(3) Remove safety supports and lower mast as-
(1) Raise boom assembly and install safety sup-