5 - 1 6 . Three-Position Cylinder
b. Disassembly. Refer to figure 5-15 and disassem-
ble the three-position cylinder.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Tag, disconnect, and cap hydraulic lines.
(2) Disconnect the cylinder (rod end ball joint)
(1) Clean the cylinder and all metal parts thor-
oughly with solvent P-D-680 or equal.
from the steering actuator arm; do not change the ball
(2) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
joint adjustment (length) on the cylinder rod unless re-
(3) Inspect the cylinder body, piston rod and pis-
placement of the ball joint assembly is required.