5 - 8 . Differential Lockout Shift Control
out mechanism. Refer to TM 10-3930-634-12 for
a. General. The front differential lockout mechan-
ism is mounted on the forward portion of the axle
(1) Disconnect hose at fitting on side of lockout
housing just to the right of the differential assembly
control and cap line.
(reference point from the operator's seat). The rear dif-
(2) Remove six bolts and lockwashers and remove
ferential lockout mechanism is mounted on the rear of
the axle housing just to the left of the differential as-
(3) Remove gasket from housing flange.
sembly. Both lockout mechanisms are actuated hy-
c. Disassembly. Refer to figure 5-6 and disassemble
draulically by depressing the left pedal in the opera-
the differential lockout shift control in numerical se-
tor's compartment. The differential lockout actuator
mounted on the driver's compartment bulkhead, is
d. Cleaning and Inspection.
swing-pedal operated and has the general appearance
(1) Clean differential lockout shift control thor-
of a brake master cylinder (TM 10-3930-634-12). The
oughly, using solvent P-D-680, or equal.
differential lockout actuator is serviced by lifting the
(2) Inspect shaft for pitting and scoring.
rubber boot and filling the cylinder to within 3/4 inch of
(3) Inspect fork for breaks or excessive wear.
top of the cylinder with OE-1 0. In the event bleeding
(4) Inspect housing for cracks or breaks.
is necessary, bleeding valves are provided at each lock-