Install the crankshaft pulley (para 3-29).
(2) Secure the lower front cover to the engine in
Install the engine (para 2-5).
reverse of numerical sequence as illustrated in figure
Service the crankcase.
3-96. Tighten capscrews to 30-35 lb-ft. torque.
Start the engine and check for leaks.
(3) Install oil inlet tube and screen (para 3-27).
(4) Install the oil pan (para 3-26).
(5) Install front trunnion mount (para 3-30).
a. General. The flywheel assembly is bolted securely
to the rear end of the crankshaft with six bolts in any
one of six positions. The flywheel is machined to per-
mit a true alinement with a torque converter drive. A
h e a t - t r e a t e d steel spur gear, having chamfered teeth,
is shrunk fit on the rim of the flywheel to engage with
the starting motor drive for cranking purposes.
(1) Remove engine (para 2-5).
When removing or installing attaching bolts,
hold flywheel firmly against crankshaft by
hand to prevent it from slipping off end of
crankshaft: dowel pins are not used to secure
flywheel to crankshaft.
(2) Remove flywheel attaching bolts (1, fig.
3-101), and scruff plate (2) while holding flywheel (3)
in position by hand then reinstall one bolt (1).
(3) Attach flywheel lifting tool to flywheel with
two 3/8 inch-16 bolts of suitable length.