(18) Remove bushing (49) from govenor weight
e. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the governor housing components and
mounting hardware, Use a cleaning, solvent such as
P-D-680 or equal and dry with compressed air.
(2) Clean all bearings.
(3) Inspect bearings for corrosion and flat spots.
(4) Examine weight carrier pins for wear.
(5) Inspect spring seat, plunger adjusting screws,
locknuts, and other parts of control housing for de-
nut (31) and adjusting screw (32), spring (33) and shim
(34). Remove spring retainer (35), spring (36), seat (37)
and plunger (38) from housing (39).
(16) Remove retaining ring (42) and bearing (43)
from bearing support (41).
(17) Remove weight pin retaining rings (44) from
pins (45), then drive pins out of carrier (47) and
weights (46). Remove weights. Slide riser (48) from
Drive pins out of carrier from weight pin re-
tainer end. Punch mark the carrier at re-
tainer end of the weight pins to insure that
pins and retainers are installed properly