Secure the coupling assembly with cam retainer (6)
and screws (5). Tighten capscrews to 18 lb ft. of
g. Installation. Refer to figure 3-18 and install the
3-15. Blower Drive and Coupling
a. General. The blower drive and coupling is located
on the air inlet housing side of the engine and is driven
from an idler gear on the camshaft side of the engine.
(1) Remove the blower assembly (para 3-14).
(2) Refer to figure 3-18 and remove the blower
drive and coupling.
c. Disassembly. Refer to figure 3-24 and disas-
semble the blower drive and coupling.
d. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the blower drive and coupling com-
ponents using a cleaning solvent such as P-D-680, or
(2) Inspect the gear and hub for wear.
(3) Inspect support for scoring.
e. Reassembly. Refer to figure 3-24 and reassemble
the blower drive and coupling in reverse of numerical