2-7. Torque Converter Assembly
torque converter to the engine flywheel housing, then
very carefully remove the torque converter from the
(1) Removal engine hood and panels, transmission
e x t e r n a l filter, battery holddown cover and batteries
(1) Carefully lower torque converter into place
and secure it to the engine flywheel housing.
(2) Remove six screws, flat washers, lockwashers
(2) Connect propeller shaft (para 5-5).
and bevel nuts and remove hood and battery support.
(3) Install hydraulic pumps and connect lines and
(3) Tag and disconnect hydraulic lines and link-
l i n k a g e s (TM 10-3930-634-12).
ages, a n d r e m o v e h y d r a u l i c p u m p s ( T M 1 0 -
(4) Reinstall hood and battery support.
(5) Install batteries and battery holddown cover,
(4) Disconnect propeller shaft (para 5-5).
transmission external filter, and engine hood and side
( 5 ) Use a suitable lifting device to support the
p a n e l s (TM 10-3930-634-12).
torque converter; refer to figure 2-3 and remove the
twelve screws and lockwashers (1, 2) which secure the