Section III. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF MAJOR
COMPONENTS AND ASSEMBLIES
Use a suitable lifting device for lifting the
major components. Do now allow major com-
ponents to swing when suspended in the air.
Exercise extreme caution while working near
a cable or chain under tension. Failure to fol-
low this warning may result in serious injury
h o o d and side panels, f a n guard and fan (TM
(2) Remove hoses, l i n e s and linkage (TM
(3) Refer to figure 5-1 and disconnect propeller
(4) Refer to figure 2-1 and remove the engine.
The engine is equipped with lifting brackets
located on top front and rear of engine.
(1) Refer to figure 2-1 and install engine.
(2) Refer to figure 5-1 and install propeller shaft.
(3) Install hoses, lines and linkage (TM
(4) Install fan and fan guard, engine hood and side
2 - 6 . Transmission Assembly
Raise forklift sufficiently, by blocking under
(5) Refer to figure 2-2 and remove two screws and
axle housing, to permit removal of the trans-
lockwashers (2, 3) and three screws and nuts (4, 5)
mission assembly after it has been lowered to
from each of the four transmission mounting brackets
(6 through 9). Lower transmission assembly to the
(1) Drain oil from transmission sump.
floor and remove.
(2) Refer to figure 7-3 and remove front and bot-
tom transmission guards (44, 45).
(1) Refer to figure 2-2 and reinstall the transmis-
(3) Remove h o s e s , l i n e s a n d l i n k a g e s
sion assembly using mounting brackets and hardware.
(4) Remove propeller shafts (para 5-3, 5-4).
( 3 ) Reinstall front and bottom transmission
Support transmission from below so that it
can be lowered carefully to the floor and re-
(4) Refer t o lubrication o r d e r ( L O 1 0 -
3930-634-12) and refill the transmission.