the transmission prior to removal. Refer to paragraph
lash adjuster (6) to provide reading between 21/2 to 3
2-9a for testing instructions.
(d) Tighten the nut (5); recheck pull and readjust if
(1) Remove the carriage, mast, and lift cylinder
(e) After adjustment is made, install the drag link
on the pitman arm.
(2) Remove the drain plug (fig. 2-10) Drain the
axle adapter and differential into a suitable container.
Axle/adapter and Differential
Transmission trouble can be isolated by testing
Figure 2-10. Axle Adapter, Removal and Installation
(3) Disconnect the brake lines from the axle (TM
(5) Remove the wheels and axle ends (TM 10-
(4) Jack up the fork lift truck and block it in position.
(6) Refer to figure 2-10 and remove the axle
Support the engine and transmission with blocks.
adapter with the assembled differential.