splined hole of converter. Align engine flywheel housing
with torque converter housing and secure with twelve
capscrews and lockwashers.
(5) Install remaining support pads on studs of
engine assembly; secure engine assembly to truck frame
with hex locknuts.
(6) Refer to TM 10-3930-632-12 and perform the
(a) Install counterweight, muffler, and radiator.
(b) Connect hydraulic lines to main hydraulic
(c) Connect hydraulic lines to transmission oil
(d) Install engine oil filter and mounting bracket.
(e) Fill engine crankcase, transmission, and
radiator to proper levels.
(f) Install battery cables.
(g) Connect and adjust choke linkage to
5. Flywheel drive plate
(h) Connect and adjust accelerator linkage to
7. Torque converter
governor control lever.
Converter drive and reinforcing plate
(I) Connect fuel lines to fuel pump and hoses to
Figure 2-4. Torque Converter and Drive Plates,
(j) Install air cleaner and mounting bracket.
(k) Connect electrical leads to ignition coil,
(6) Remove six bolts (3) that secure torque
converter (7) and converter drive and reinforcing plate
(l) Install overhead guard, lift-off side panels,
(4) to flywheel drive plate (5); remove torque converter
floor plate, and hood parts.
and reinforcing plate.
(m) Connect electrical leads to voltage regulator.
(n) Connect parking brake lever to stub shaft.
(1) Position converter drive and reinforcing plate (4,
fig. 2-4) and flywheel drive plate (5) on the torque
Carriage, Mast, and Lift Cylinder
converter (7); secure with six bolts (3).
(2) Position the assembled torque converter and
flywheel drive on the engine flywheel; secure with six
(1) Remove the capscrews (1, fig. 2-5) and
bolts (1) and lockwashers (2).
lockwashers (2) and lift the load backrest (3) from the
(3) Place one support pad (fig. 2-3), one washer
carriage (14). Operate the fork stop lever (5) and slide
and spacer on each engine mounting stud.
the forks (9) from the carriage.
(4) Position assembled engine and torque converter
on truck so that splined shaft of transmission engages